The seminar is especially designed for the MR safety technical interests of auditors and quality/regulatory affairs managers, product and sales managers, R&D managers/engineers.
Including FDA guidance on RF Heating for Multi-Configuration Passive Medical Devices and issues about the MR worker (IEC 60601-2-33 3rd edition) as well as introducing ISO/TS 10974 for active implants.
Franz Schmitt, MR Consultant, MR:comp (former VP Gradient Systems & Director Ultra Highfield Imaging at Siemens Healthcare): „The Anatomy of modern Gradient Systems & its related Safety Aspects“
Venue, Time and Organizer
Video Conference WEBEX (online)
CET Time Zone (Central European Time)
Gelsenkirchen, Germany (on site)
March 2022 – Beginning at 9:00 am
2,5 day training on MR safety including live hands on:
Day 1 – 09:00 to 19:00
- Basics of physics and technical aspects of magnetic resonance tomography – Hardware (static magnetic field, gradient and RF fields)
– Physics (image generation, contrasts, artefacts, etc.)
– Research and trends
- Hands-on course „Basics of MR imaging“, 2 h lessons MR system handling
– Experience the interactions within the static magnetic field!
– Precautions and behaviour in the MR environment (staff & items)
– Various experiments: MR imaging (contrasts, artefacts, etc.)
- MR safety, the MR system and the MR worker – IEC 60601-2-33
– Requirements of the MR system and the MR environment
- MR safety and compatibility of medical devices I
– Interactions of items (incl. implants) within the MR environment (static magnetic field, switched gradient and RF field)
– Current technical standards & guidelines
Day 2 – 9:00 to 16:30
- Computational methods, RF Safety & Implants
– Research & Trends related to MR safety
– Numerical simulation and modeling
- Hands on course: MR safety
– RF-induced heating experiment
- MRI from clinical view
– Diagnostic & therapy
– Surgery & interventions (biopsies, ablations (RF, laser), etc.)
– Robotics, navigation, visualisation of implants/ instruments
- Hands on course: MR interventions
– MR-guided biopsy
- Final discussion with Get together dinner
Day 3 – 9:00 to 13:30
- Anatomy of modern Gradient Systems & its related Safety Expects
- MR safety and compatibility of medical devices II
– Finding the „worst-case“
– Labeling of devices for the MR environment
- Assessment of MR safety for patients with implantable medical devices
– ISO/TS 10974: Requirements for active implantable medical devices
– Potential physical relevance for passive device
- Multiple Choice Test for „Medical Device MR Safety Specialist“+ Final discussion
|Dr. H. Kugel||Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munster, Germany|
|Prof. Dr. W. Zylka||Westphalia University, Campus Gelsenkirchen, Germany|
|Prof. A. Melzer, M.D., DDS||Institute for Medical Science and Technologies IMSaT, Universities Dundee & St. Andrews, United Kingdom|
|H. Engels, Ph.D||MR Safety Consultant, MR:comp and former MR Safety Director Philips Healthcare, The Netherlands|
|Dipl.-Ing.G. Schaefers||MR Safety Testing Laboratory, MR:comp GmbH, Gelsenkirchen, Germany|
Offer and Discount
Lectures & MRI hands-on 1.695 EUR* per person
The seminar includes the script and the certificates.
*20% discount for online participation!
* 5% discount for every 2nd and further registrant from the same organization
* 20% discount for students, employees of universities and employees of start-up companies (operating for three years or less). Please send in a copy of an appropriate certificate providing your status.
NOTE: only one discount applicable.
Please use the official application form below and send it to our Training Department to register.
We are looking forward to meet and welcome you to our workshop.