20% discount for online participation!
The seminar is especially designed for the MR safety technical interests of auditors and quality/regulatory affairs managers, product and sales managers, R&D managers/engineers.
Including FDA guidance on RF Heating for Multi-Configuration Passive Medical Devices and issues about the MR worker (IEC 60601-2-33 3rd edition) as well as introducing ISO/TS 10974 for active implants.
Franz Schmitt, MR Consultant, MR:comp (former VP Gradient Systems & Director Ultra Highfield Imaging at Siemens Healthcare): „The Anatomy of modern Gradient Systems & its related Safety Aspects“
Venue, Time and Organizer
From 16th till 18th March 2023 – Beginning at 9:00 am
2,5 day training on MR safety including hands on and an evening event:
Day 1 – 09:00 to 19:15
Basics of physics and technical aspects of magnetic resonance tomography
– Hardware (static magnetic field, gradient and RF fields)
– Physics (image generation, contrasts, artefacts, etc.)
– Research and trends
- Hands-on course „Basics of MR imaging“, 4 h lessons MR system handling
– Experience the interactions within the static magnetic field!
– Precautions and behaviour in the MR environment (staff & items)
– Various experiments: MR imaging (contrasts, artefacts, etc.)
- MR safety, the MR system and the MR worker – IEC 60601-2-33
– Requirements of the MR system and the MR environment
- MR safety and compatibility of medical devices I
– Interactions of items (incl. implants) within the MR environment (static magnetic field, switched gradient and RF field)
– Current technical standards & guidelines
Day 2 – 9:00 to 18:30
- Anatomy of modern Gradient Systems & its related Safety Expects
- Computational methods, RF Safety & Implants
– Research & Trends related to MR safety
– Numerical simulation and modeling
- Hands on course: MR safety
– RF-induced heating experiment
- MRI from clinical view
– Diagnostic & therapy
– Surgery & interventions (biopsies, ablations (RF, laser), etc.)
– Robotics, navigation, visualisation of implants/ instruments
- Hands on course: MR interventions
– MR-guided biopsy
- Final discussion with Get together dinner
Day 3 – 9:00 to 13:50
- MR safety and compatibility of medical devices II
– Finding the „worst-case“
– Labeling of devices for the MR environment
- Assessment of MR safety for patients with implantable medical devices
– ISO/TS 10974: Requirements for active implantable medical devices
– Potential physical relevance for passive device
- FDA Regulatory Aspects on MR Safety,Testing and Labeling of med. devices
- Multiple Choice Test for „Medical Device MR Safety Specialist“+ Final discussion
|Dr. H. Kugel||University Clinic for Radiology, University of Munster, Germany|
|Prof. Dr. W. Zylka||Westphalia University, Campus Gelsenkirchen, Germany|
|Prof. A. Melzer, M.D., DDS||Institute for Medical Science and Technologies IMSaT, Universities Dundee & St. Andrews, United Kingdom|
|W. Kainz, Ph.D.||CEO & President, High Performance Computing for MRI Safety, LLC, USA|
|H. Engels, Ph.D||MR Safety Consultant, MR:comp and former MR Safety Director Philips Healthcare, The Netherlands|
|Dipl.-Ing.G. Schaefers||MR Safety Testing Laboratory, MR:comp GmbH, Gelsenkirchen, Germany|
Offer and Discount
Lectures & MRI hands-on 1.895 EUR* per person
Online: 1.515 EUR per person
The seminar includes the script and meals (3 x breakfast snack, 2 x lunch, 1 x dinner, warm and cold beverages during the breaks).
* 15% discount for every 2nd and further registrant from the same organization
* 20% discount for students, employees of universities and employees of start-up companies (operating for three years or less). Please send in a copy of an appropriate certificate providing your status.
NOTE: only 1 discount applicable!
Please use the official application form below and send it to our Training Department to register.
We are looking forward to meet and welcome you to our workshop.